GILBERT YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION
Code of Conduct
Player Parent Staff
Youth Sports play an important role in promoting the physical, social, and emotional development of young people who can recognize choices, think about consequences and base their actions on that information. Parents, coaches, spectators, and officials involved in youth sports events should be models of good sportsmanship and should lead by example by demonstrating fairness, respect, and self-control. The Gilbert Youth Soccer Association is committed to establishing an environment that is safe and fosters optimal learning opportunities for all our players.
The Gilbert Youth Soccer Association has endorsed this Code of Conduct and requires that you commit to be responsible for your words and actions while attending, coaching, officiating, or participating in Gilbert Youth Soccer Association events and that you conform your behavior to the following Code of Conduct:
1. I will treat everyone with whom I encounter with respect.
2. I will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct towards any other coach, player, parent, participant, official or any other attendee.
3. I will not engage in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety, or well-being of any coach, parent, player, participant, official, or any other attendee.
5. I will not use drugs, alcohol or tobacco products while involved in any youth soccer activities, whether training, attending games, or officiating.
6. I will not use profanity, obscenity or any other offensive language.
7. I will endeavor to ensure that no parents, spectators or anyone associated with my team use profanity, obscenity or any other offensive language while within the hearing of players or officials.
8. I will not engage in verbal or physical abuse towards any other coach, player, parent, participant, or official.
Anyone who fails to conform to the preceding Code of Conduct while attending, coaching, training, officiating or participating in an event sanctioned by the GYSA will be subject to disciplinary action.
To the Coach – Please ensure Assistants, Players, and Parents acknowledge our code of conduct. If you encounter a situation you are uncomfortable with, please contact us at [email protected]
Electronically Acknowledged during registration process.